Violet Esther Smith

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Hampton Barratt Smith

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Easter Weekend

Dustee had a 3-day weekend over Easter, and came up to our place. (I met mom and dad halfway in Salina to make the exchange on Thursday night, then again Sunday evening.) We had a lot of fun! He hung out with Shaun for a while until I got off work at the preschool, then he went with me to pick up the kiddos I watch in the afternoon. They came to our place where the 5 of them sat down to play life (after finishing homework, of course). Then when Shaun came home we all went to the park to play on the playground, and Shaun hid a bunch of Easter Eggs on the other side of the park. After a while we met up with him, and surprised the kids with an Easter egg hunt. They had a blast! It was so much fun watching them look around. Shaun hid them so well that we couldn't find the last couple of eggs, and Shuan couldn't remember where they were either. Haha...

We had a fun Saturday! Dustee went out to the DZ with Shaun to watch some parachuting. They came home around 1:30, and we went to the zoo for the annual "Eggstravaganza" where we learned a little about egg-laying animals. It was PERFECT weather for a zoo day! We ended with a movie and bed that evening.

Sunday morning Dustee was the first to wake up and discover that the Easter Bunny did, in fact, come. I'm still trying to figure out how he got up to our 3rd floor apartment, but I think the consensus is that he used the back stairs and door... likely story, but I'm still skeptic... :)

No comments: