Here's what mine looks like right now. I did all the cutting and sewing in about 2 hours. (I knew if I didn't get it done that night at church it wouldn't get done.) Shuan came to Joanne's and picked the fabric out with me for our baby-to-be. We tried to get more gender neutral stuff since we don't know what gender the baby is yet, but the more I worked on the blanket the more it looked like a boy blanket to me. Oh well.

Here's a close up of the fabric:

It's not done yet, obviously, but it's close. To complete it all I would need to do is sew around the edges and cut the lines so they will frey when washed, and it'd be done. I came home and showed Shaun, and we decided it would look better with a border, so I'm going to add that before sewing up the edges. I just need to get more fabric.
I told Shaun I was thinking about sending this blanket to Hailee (my sister) since she's having a boy, but he wants to keep it for our kid because he likes it, and we picked the fabric out together. Sorry Hailee--I'll make you a different one! =)
I'll make sure to post a picture of the finished product if it ever gets done. haha
For instructions on how to make these quilts, click here.



3 comments:
oooooooohhhh so cute! I can't wait for you to help me with mine.
I love, love, love the fabric!! So cute! I'm way impressed.
Awwww!!! I wish we live close when it's my turn to have a baby someday so you can teach me!!!
I love that you and Shuan picked the fabric. And GOOD for you to keep it! ;) I made my first quilt and it was supposed to be for my nephew, but my mom told me (practically begged me) to keep the first quilt I have ever made! Lol so I'm keeping it and making another one. :) So I totally understand you guys!!!
Post a Comment