Violet Esther Smith

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Hampton Barratt Smith

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Thanksgiving

We went to Wichita for Thanksgiving this year. Most of the family was there, but those who were not were missed. My Uncle Shawn even brought his two kids up from Texas, and Ashlee's in-laws came for dinner as well. We had a full house, and it was a fun weekend! Did I mention that there were 7 dogs, 2 cats and a guinea pig too? As I said, we had a FULL HOUSE!

My birthday was the day before so I got to spend it with the family, and that was really nice. I think this was the first time in my life (maybe the second) that I had a store bought cake, and it was delicious! (I usually just get a pumpkin pie since my birthday is always next to, and sometimes on Thanksgiving Day.)


We had fun playing card games and video games. We had three different games going on at once in the basement. It was a blast! Dad and Uncle Shawn were playing Play Station 3, the girls were playing 'Dance Party' on the wii, and Dustin and Max were playing their DSs. Hampton was watching.




We had so much fun that some of us got worn out! (Isn't this the most precious picture?!)

BLACK FRIDAY!!!
After things started winding down, and people went home we broke out the black friday ads to see if there was anything we wanted to get. I had never been out on black friday, but wanted to go experience the hustle and bustle of the stores just for fun. And, of course, the SAVINGS! Some stores opened on Thursday night, so we decided to check them out. I didn't get any pictures, but we were out from 8:30pm until about 2 or 3am. We went home, slept, and got back out there later Friday afternoon. It was fun to spend time with the family, and go shopping with my mom and sisters! (Not to mention we got almost everything we needed for gifts while there!)

We left Saturday afternoon and headed to Manhattan to see Shaun's parents for a day before heading back home on Sunday. We had a nice visit, and spent much of the following weeks with them.

No comments: